Friday, June 3, 2016

GSOC reports, Week 2: problems with material-ui library and search of new solution

Hello everyone! There is my report for the second week of GSOC program.

This week was not such productive, as I expected, because I got a lot of problems with material-ui library, which I choose for our User Dashboard module, and especially with server side rendering. Details I leaved here

First I tried to setup an app with client side rendering, using browerify and babel plugins for gulp, but I didn't help. Finally, I used advice from my mentor Robert, and tried to setup an app with other React Material library. I choose react-toolbox with webpack module bundler, spent a lot of time for setup webpack configuration, but this solution works! I pushed updated module to my repo

So, as for now, there are no any blockers for continue developing, and I can focus on implementing UI components. This is my plan for next week.

Thanks for attention, good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment