Friday, June 10, 2016

GSOC reports, Week 3: focused on components


Hello everyone who read my blog! Here is my report for last GSOC week.

This week was much more productive than previous, because at the moment I'm well familiarized with React documentation, and can focus on making of components. 


First, I decided to use some grid system for UI components, it will much simplify component placement on the UI. Previously I worked with twitter bootstrap framework, which have great grid system, which is good documented and easy to use. React-toolbox library, which I am using for making components, doesn't support grid out of the box, but fortunately, I found another solution - react-flexbox-grid, which works well with react-toolbox components. This solution was integrated to our application.

Also I have implemented some components, such as DataGrid (for displaying list of users), Comboboxes (for selecting columns that will be displayed in the grid, and filters for users).

Plans for next week - implement pagination for DataGrid, and improving components.


No comments:

Post a Comment